When you or your family member needs surgery, you need a facility that you can trust. Clara Barton Hospital offers inpatient/outpatient surgical care on a 24 hour 7 days a week basis. Our surgical call team is available for emergencies occurring after hours, on weekends, and holidays. We strive to meet your needs before, during and after your surgical procedure. Whether it’s a major operation, minor outpatient surgery or a minimally invasive procedure, count on Clara Barton Hospital for quality surgical outcomes.
General surgery services are provided by our local general surgeons, Dr. Patrick Stiles and Dr. Jeremy Howes. General surgery is a specialty that focuses on abdominal contents, including the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, rectum, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts. They also deal with diseases, involving the skin, breasts, soft tissue, hernias and intravenous access.
Some of our services include but are not limited to:
● Breast Procedures
● Catheter Placement
● Feeding Tube Insertion
● Gallbladder Removal
● Hemorrhoids Removal
● Hernia Repair
● Lipoma Removal
● Mole, Cyst and Wart Removal
● Skin Lesions and Cancer Removal
● Stent placement
● Thyroid Removal
We take pride in providing our patients surgical care that utilizes the latest technology in the comfort of a hometown, community hospital. Clara Barton Hospital is committed to the communities we serve. Highly skilled surgeons and excellent anesthesia providers are available to provide safe, high quality surgical care. The surgeons are supported by a team of highly skilled registered nurses and surgical technicians who offer decades of combined experience and training. Together, we will ensure you and your family experience a safe, comfortable and excellent surgical outcome.
Orthopedic Services are provided by local surgeon, Dr. Randall Hildebrand and include total joint replacement, arthroscopic procedures, hand procedures, and other minor orthopedic procedures.
● Total Hip Replacement
● Total Knee Replacement
● Total Shoulder Replacement
● Knee Arthroscopy
● Carpal Tunnel Release
● Trigger Finger Release
● Other minor orthopedic procedures
Podiatry Services are provided by Dr. Geoff Kraemer from Hutchinson. Dr. Kraemer treats all problems involving the foot and ankle. Dr. Kraemer is at Clara Barton Hospital on the first and third Wednesday of the month.
● Bone Biopsy
● Diabetic Foot Ulcer Management
● Hammer Toe Repair
● Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Fractures
● Resection of bones in the foot
● Other Minor procedures of the foot and ankle
● Tendon/Ligament Repair
Gynecology Services are provided by Dr. Christine Sanders from Hutchinson. Gynecological surgery is a specialty that focuses on procedures involving the female reproductive system including the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus.
● D& C-used to diagnose uterine conditions including, uterine cancer or polyps.
● Hysteroscopy-used to diagnose or treat uterine problems
● Pelvic Laparoscopy-used diagnose problems, take tissue samples, remove scar tissue,
repair the uterus, remove ovarian cysts, and perform tubal ligations
● Tubal Ligation for sterilization
Interventional Radiology/Pain Management procedures are provided by Dr. Curt Thompson from Hutchinson. Dr. Thompson performs procedures that are minimally invasive using image-guidance for diagnostic and treatment purposes.
● Epidural Steroid Injections (Cervical)
● Port-a-cath/PICC placement venous access
● Vena Cava Filter Placement
● Vertebroplasty- a minimally invasive procedure where bone cement is injected into a
fractured vertebra in the spine in order to stabilize it and reduce pain